Friday, August 20, 2010

S. Carey




With my recent move to Texas I have had to come to some realizations. The most prominent of all being Texas can climb to temperatures unknown in my life before the move. This is upsetting to me because with this realization I am suspecting fall to be far different from the ones I had become accustomed to in the Mid-west. Music may be my salvation. I have been listening to S. Carey, original drummer of Bon Iver before the compromised addition of Matthew McCaughan, as he has transitioned from one percussion instrument to another, piano/keys being the latter. Starting next week at the Electric Fetus, a free show, he will be touring for his solo project All We Grow. If you are expecting all of the keywords of For Emma you will be let down. I don't believe he camped in a cabin or dealt with leaving a band or a long time lover but with some serious touring experience under his belt you can expect to see these songs performed at their best.

Here are a few tracks from the upcoming LP:

s.carey - Move

s.carey - In The Stream

No comments: